Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Vodka Diary by Klecko

Under a canopy of foreign toungues
I cast my manna down
Break tradition
Raise suspicion
On to the next town

To get results you work alone
Can't use a safety net
Like a mouse in a lions den
You'll never pose a threat

Defecting missles - defusing bombs
Might be a noble art
My mind is simple - hands are worn
But, now it's time to start

I pull the thread
Tangled up in red

I was walking in northern Siberia
Along the diamond mines
A French restaurant
With a debutant
Who drank a little too much wine

She pleaded to see miracles
Preformed the American way
I baked brioche - and made some toast
But, then I had to get away

Describing things she'll never see
Really isnt fair
Defining rules - is for fools
You should have seen that stare

Filled with dread
Tangled up with red

I was standing in front of the Kremlin
With Potato Girl
Sipping cokes
Exchanging notes
We were going to change the world

She wanted to bring Jesus
To the Motherland
Filling souls - instead of bowls
Will leave an eternal brand

Empty stomachs
Empty minds
Are quick to gather dust

Holy bibles
And, prayer cards
Mean nothing without trust

So I made bread
Tangled up in red

I was drinking vodka in a Ukrainian bar
Staring out at the Black Sea
An "Americone"
Who sat alone
Until Victor noticed me

He called me to his table
Under the ceiling fan
The English he spoke was impeccable
He learned it in Japan

Shot glass dry
Say good bye
Another comrade

Victor said
When you go home
Tell them we're not so bad

My scales were shed
Tangled up in red

So now I want another scope
I got to get to them somehow
All the people dear to me
Are working in Moscow

Some are running ovens
Some are at HQ
I'm pretty sure they'll all stay put
Until the funds fall through

And, me I guess
I'll be content
To know that I am blessed

It's not that it's much better there
Just different from the West
Enough said
Tangled up in red

2 comments: